Pasta with sour cream sauce
Sometimes you have to get a bit creative because the fridge is somewhat bare, and you want to clear out what’s left. I love pasta with cream sauce but I don’t always have cream, so this time I had sour cream and I figured, why not? It actually came out really tasty so I’m sharing the recipe with you. This is even less expensive to make than pasta with regular cream sauce.
It only takes 10 minutes to prepare and I love that you can try something a bit different and get such a delicious result.
Makes 3 servings
300 grams pasta (any shape you like)
200 grams sour cream
240 ml milk (1 cup)
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
Ground black pepper
Salt (if needed, to taste)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and stir though. Set aside.
2. Dice the onion. Heat 2-3 Tbsp of oil in a pan and add the onion. Sauté until lightly golden. Chop the garlic and add to the pan, sautéing until lightly golden.
3. Add the milk, sour cream, parsley, and seasoning and cook for around two minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the pasta and cook for a couple of minutes while stirring. Remove from the heat. Let stand for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. The pasta soaks up the flavors better.
5. Add the chives and a few dried tomatoes.
Good to know…
You don’t have to prepare anything ahead of time. This is one of those recipes that goes from pot to table. You can use green onion instead of the chives. The dried tomatoes aren’t a must if you don’t have any. I cut break spaghetti in half.